Friday, February 26, 2010

For Di...

2007 – I HAD A FRIEND WHO NEVER KEPT HOUSE

I had a friend who never kept house
In fact she never really was my friend
She was the mate of my friend
But he never kept house either
So … I had a friend that never kept house
My friend he played guitar also
And with another friend, we played
A trio you could say
And we said it often
And so did others
And it was … El Cachimbo
On the radio-waves …
We played one day
But back to my friend that never kept house
His mate, she said it was a waste of time
They both said it was a waste of time
Because a waste of time, it was
It just got dirty again
But our trio, a waste of time was not
We made music and friends, we never forgot
And we stuck to wine
It was more hygienic
We got back to town again and again
And we played it and made it
Time and again
El Cachimbo played on
Until one day I had to leave them behind
Which is why I said I HAD a friend
Actually she probably never really was my friend
But her friend was my friend
And my friend was my friend
And still my friends today
Just further away and a little more relaxed
Than me, a few thousand kilometers away
But you learn that you never loose friends
Just more fun
When you see them again
I have some friends that don’t keep house
And I don’t blame them

2 comments:

  1. I have a friend called Saydee who keeps their home very, very clean, yes siree!

    No bugs dare set foot or even think about getting onto thee!

    We like our home bug free.

    Its give us time to think smuglee about how bug free we bee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Di loved this, just by the way. I'm sorry I was so slow to comment. I'm not at my brightest in these days ... I remember now, I'm really struggling with comment permission.

    ReplyDelete